- SOME is used in affirmative statement only, but is used in both affirmative and negative question.
E.g. : He wants some crackers.
He has some money
Do (don’t) you want some drink?
- ANY and NO are used with both plural countable nouns and uncountable nouns express absence of quantity.
E.g. : There aren’t any sandwiches left. (any + CN)
= There are no sandwiches left.
There isn’t any coffee left. (any + Uc.N)
= There is no coffee left.
Adrian does not have any toys.
= Adrian has no toys.
NOT – ANY = NO
SOMETHING, SOMEONE, ETC.
- I went nowhere last night. I stayed at home
- Elis has something to do. She looks every busy.
- I saw somebody crossing the road.
- Everything you want is not everything you need.
- There is nothing in the bottle.
= There is not anything in the bottle.
Nowhere = not anywhere
Nobody = not anybody
Nothing = not anything
Anything else = sesuatu yang lain (ada…)
Somewhere else = di/ke suatu tempat yang lain
Nobody else = tak seorang lainpun
Who else = siapa lagi ?
What else = apa lagi ?